Dr Andrew de Burgh-Thomas
BSc, MBBS, MRCP, Dip GUM, Dip HIV
Dr Andrew de Burgh-Thomas completed his speciality training in London and Brighton, both are leading centres in this speciality for both care and research.
Appointed in 2003 as a Consultant in Gloucestershire, he developed the services considerably. His ability and enthusiasm meant he was approached to provide clinics at Bristol Southmead where he worked for 10 years and continues to provide 'on call' cover.
The current busy clinics staffed by multidisciplinary teams have created a desire for a level of anonymity and expertise that can only be provided within the private sector.
His scope of practice is mainly outpatient based but encompassesinpatient care including those infected with HIV. His experience is broad but headline areas include:
- Sexual infections, tests and management.
- Direct Microscopy of samples collected in the clinic.
- An array of near patient testing.
- Minor surgery to the genital area.
- Diagnosis and management of genital skin conditions.
- HIV diagnosis, management and prevention.
- Sexual difficulties.
- Facial filler to those affected by HIV drug side effects.
- Contraception, both intrauterine and tablet based.
Other roles include:
- GU Speciality Training Programme Director
- Speciality Tutor to Bristol Medical Students
- GU Educational Supervisor to Foundation and Speciality Trainee Doctors
- Clinical Supervisor to GP Speciality Trainees
- Principal Investigator on MRC funded 'START' clinical study
- GU Specialist Advisor to the Behcets Society
- British Association of Sexual Health and HIV (BASHH) SW Region, Audit Lead
- SW Region BASHH Audit Lead
Dr Andrew de Burgh-ThomasMake A Booking